Adventure is out there, and this map project is the perfect way for your family to keep track of all your travels! What You’ll Need: Large framed map Cutting mat Foamcore Scissors Sticky-back felt in assorted colors Tape runner Pencil Map pins Printout of the compass White string Up-house and balloon template How to Make...
Your kids will love making these mermaid tails a part of their world!
What You’ll Need:
- Measuring tape
- Craft paper
- Fleece fabric
- Hand-drawn mermaid tail template
- Hand-drawn scale template
- Permanent marker
- Glitter cardstock or felt in assorted colors
- Glitter glue
- Decorative trim
- Straight pins
- Safety pins
- Hot glue
- Sewing machine
How to Make It:
- Measure and create a mermaid tail template. Have your child lay down on a large piece of craft paper and draw around their legs. Use a second piece of craft paper to draw a fin of the mermaid tail to match. Carefully cut out your templates and use them to trace onto the fleece fabric.
- Carefully cut out the fabric. Make sure to cut out 2 layers of fabric to make the front and the back of the mermaid tail.
- Draw an U-shape to create a scale template, and carefully cut out. Trace around the scale template onto glitter cardstock paper or felt. Carefully cut out each scale and have kids decorate with glitter glue.
- Use a sewing machine to sew the two sides of the tail together, leaving about 4 inches unstitched at the top, and the bottom edge open, too. Then sew the fin onto the bottom edge of the tail.
- Fold the top edge over both the front and back of the mermaid tail. Sew the drawstring channel in place with a straight stitch.
- Hot glue the cardstock scales to the front side of the mermaid tail. Line the seam between the large tail and fin with decorative trim.
- Cut two small slits at the center of the drawstring channel.
- Attach a safety pin to the end of a piece of ribbon, and push through the drawstring channel. Use the drawstring to keep the mermaid tail on your child’s waist.
Note: All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult. Always supervise children while wearing their mermaid tails.
Disney Family Sundays is now streaming only on Disney+!
In Frozen 2, sisterhood and friendship help carry Anna and Elsa through their magical journeys of self discovery. Follow along to make these soaps inspired by Frozen 2, featuring designs harnessing the power of the four elements. What You’ll Need: Frozen 2 elements Tape runner Laminator Laminating sheet Scissors Glycerin soap cubes Cosmetic glitter for...
Let your family’s crafting skills take flight by making your very own circus tent inspired by Dumbo! What You’ll Need Pre-made canopy tent for kids 6-inch wide red ribbons cut to your preferred length Blue paper bunting (or make your own with blue cardstock) Red pom-pom trim 1 sheet of craft foam 1 sheet of...