This recipe is part of the Dishes by Disney healthy recipes video series. Check out the video for this recipe.
The Mickey Check makes it easier for kids and families to identify nutritious choices in stores, online, on-air, at live-event venues, and while on vacation at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Foods and recipes that feature the Mickey Check meet The Walt Disney Company’s Nutrition Guidelines. Click here for more Mickey Check recipes.
Serving Size: 6
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
What You’ll Need
- 10oz whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon flour, for dusting
- Toppings: 1/2 cup low fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup black raisins
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Hummus: 14 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
To simplify this recipe, you can leave out the hummus ingredients and use store-bought hummus.
How To Make It
- Preheat your oven to 400° F
- On a cutting board dusted with flour, cut dough into 3 equal pieces and stretch out into rectangles. Shape the corners of each rectangle to form tassels and you’ve got magic carpets!
- Place magic carpets on a baking sheet and bake in your preheated oven for 8-12 minutes, or until crispy and slightly brown. Remove the flatbreads and allow to cool.
- For the hummus, in a food processor add garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Process until smooth and creamy. If it’s a little thick add some water.
- On each prebaked flatbread spread 3 tablespoons of hummus evenly. Place the black and golden raisins around the outside edges and sliced figs down the middle.
- Top with cheese and place back in oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove, garnish with parsley and enjoy!