These devilishly delicious cookies are inspired by Pretty Little Liars’ always-watching (and ever-mysterious) “A.”
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
What You’ll Need
- Sugar cookie dough
- Parchment paper
- Decorative icing in white (use your favorite icing recipe)
- Deocrating gel (in red)
- Rolling pin
- Large heart shaped cookie cutter
If the dough gets to soft to work with, place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
How To Make It
- Roll out the cookie dough between two sheets of parchement paper to 1/4 inch thick. It may be easier to work in smaller batches.
- Cut out hearts using a large heart shaped cookie cutter. Place the hearts on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Using a butter knife, gently cut lightning bolt shaped crackes into the cookie, starting at the middle and cutting half way down the right side. Leave the heart attached by a inch at the base of the crack.
- Bake the cookies according to the recipe, then gently set aside to cool.
- Once all the cookies are baked and cooled, make your decorative white cookie icing according to your favorite recipe. Pour the icing into a small plastic sandwich baggie. Cut away the corner about a half inch size snip. Pipe the icing onto the cookies, using a butter knife to spread the icing evenly over the cookie before the icing dries. Allow the icing to fully dry – about 15 minutes.
- Once the icing is dry, use your red decorating gel tube to write (-A) on the left side of the cookies.
Posted 3 years Ago