Not your standard holiday ham, this Christmas swine (sans the brine) makes a sweet and surprising addition to the dessert line-up. And on a day when kids are unwrapping new toys, it’s also a playful tribute to old favorites already in residence.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
What You’ll Need
- Batch of baked cupcakes (in paper liners)
- Pink frosting
- Pink candy melts (we used Wilton brand)
- Sprinkles (red and brown)
- Chocolate chips
- Pink jelly beans
- Kitchen scissors or knife
- Thin red or green ribbon
- Glue dots or tape
How To Make It
- Fill the dessert shell with whipped cream.
- For each Hamm nose, use a pink Candy Melts wafer turned right side down. Before placing it on the cupcake, use the tip of a toothpick to etch a couple of small nostril grooves in the wafer and then gently press a red sprinkle in each groove.
- Gently press a pair of chocolate chip eyes (tips down) and chocolate sprinkle eyebrows into the frosting above the nose on each cupcake.
- For each set of ears, snip a pink jelly bean in half lengthwise. Then press the ears into the frosting above the eyes.
- For the finishing touch, tie pieces of ribbon into small holiday bows and use glue dots or rolled tape to attach one to each paper cupcake liner.
Posted 3 years Ago