You may think it impossible to keep track of 101 Dalmatians. But ask “Roger” and “Anita” and they’d likely tell you that each and every one of them claimed a special spot in their hearts. Here’s an endearing canine valentine treat your kids are sure to find spot-on.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
What You’ll Need
- Batch of chocolate cupcakes baked in paper cupcake liners
- Scraps of colored paper
- Glue stick
- Round silver sequins, about 3/4-inch in diameter (alternatively, you can cut circles from cardstock and use a pushpin to poke a hole in the top of each one)
- Embroidery floss or thin ribbon
- Vanilla frosting
- Chocolate-covered raisins
How To Make It
- Spread 1/4 cup of sugar on your work surface. Set the puff pastry atop of the sugar.
- Thread a 12-inch length of ribbon or doubled embroidery floss through the sequin and knot the ends together just above the tag, as shown. If the hole is too small, you can widen it with the tip of a toothpick. Or, you can use a piece of thin elastic thread to tie the sequin to the center of the collar.
- If the hole is too small, you can widen it with the tip of a toothpick. Or, you can use a piece of thin elastic thread to tie the sequin to the center of the collar.
- Wrap the collar around the paper cupcake liner, tie the ends together, and trim them short.
- Generously frost the cupcake, and then top it with several randomly placed chocolate-covered raisins, gently pressing them into the frosting.