Lightsabers are a more elegant weapon for a more civilized age but they also make for a fun dessert for any party. Use this easy recipe to make your own tasty lightsaber sugar cookies that would impress even Darth Vader.
If you’d rather represent the Rebels, feel free to substitute the red frosting with green, purple or blue for Yoda, Mace Windu and Luke Skywalker’s lightsabers.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
What You’ll Need
- Pre-made sugar cookie dough
- Red, black, white cookie icing
- Bowl, medium
- Rolling pin
- Cookie sheet
Cutting and baking should be done by an adult.
How To Make It
- Put the sugar cookie dough in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours before you’re ready to make the cookies. This will get the dough nice and cold and will make it easier to roll out later.
- Prep a cutting board with some flour; this will help the dough from sticking. Take the dough out of the freezer and set a side in a bowl. Put flour on your hands to help the dough from sticking to your fingers.
- Put the dough on the cutting board and start to roll it out with a rolling pin. Try and roll it out so the dough is about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Using a knife cut oval, lighsaber like shapes out of the dough. Just remember that pre-made cookie dough usually expands quite a bit so try and make them a bit on the thinner side.
- Place the lightsaber cookies on a cookie sheet and bake according to the package directions.
- When they’re done baking, set them aside to cool.
- In the meantime, heat the cookie icing according to the package directions.
- Once the cookies are cooled and the icing is heated, start to draw on your lightsabers (as shown in the main image).
- For the lightsaber buttons, you can use white cookie icing or you can add food coloring to the icing and make it grey before you draw the buttons on..