Summon the fun with this Mickey Mouse themed cake. It’s the perfect way to bring a bit of Mickey magic to your next party or birthday bash.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
What You’ll Need
- 2 8″ round cakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- Chocolate cake baked in a 6 oz. oven-safe custard cup
- 3 cups red frosting, store bought or from your favorite recipe
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 round chocolate wafer cookies
- White decorating frosting
- White gel icing
How To Make It
- Melt 3 oz of semi-sweet chocolate, in a double boiler or microwave.
- Remove baked and cooled chocolate cake from custard cup and place on a small plate.
- Use a serrated knife to trim the cake into a dome or hat shape. Push two round chocolate wafer cookies into the dome — these are your Mickey ears.
- Pour melted chocolate over the dome. Be careful to avoid dripping on the cookie ears.
- Place the plate in the refrigerator while the chocolate sets, about an hour.
- While your chocolate hat is setting, stack baked 8″ cakes to make a 2-layer cake, spread frosting between the layers. Frost the cake with red icing.
- Once the chocolate has set, it’s time to crown the cake with Mickey’s hat. Remove the plate from the refrigerator and loosen the chocolate dome from the plate using a sharp knife. Be careful not to crack the chocolate shell! If you are having trouble, let the chocolate soften up a bit before removing, this should only take a few minutes.
- Place the chocolate hat on top of the red layer cake.
- Dab dots of white icing buttons on top of the cake.
- Use your white gel icing to write the birthday kid’s name on the dome of the hat.
Posted 5 years Ago