Do you want to build a snowman? Of course! No wonder girls across the world have fallen in love with Ana and Elsa — they are strong and beautiful heroines. With the popularity of the movie, Frozen birthday parties have taken off like crazy. Here’s a simple birthday cake you can throw together yourself!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 60 mins
What You’ll Need
- 2 (8 inch) round cakes, baked and cooled
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, slightly softened
- 2 teaspoons vanila
- 5 Tablespoons whole milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Few drops blue food coloring
- Cake Decorations:
- 3 ice cream cones
- 8 oz white chocolate almond bark
- 2 cups blue rock candy
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups dark and light blue hard shelled chocolate candies
If you want to make this cake extra special, color your cake batter with a bit of blue coloring as well. It will be a fun surprise when you cut inside!
How To Make It
- Prepare frosting: In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, vanilla, and milk on medium low speed until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add powdered sugar, beating on low until just combined. Add a few drops of blue coloring. Increase speed to high and beat for one minute.
- Make snow trees: Melt almond bark according to package directions. Dip cones in the melted candy and place standing up on a sheet of wax paper. Drizzle additional candy on the cones to give them texture. Let sit until hardened.
- Place one cake, top side down, on a platter. Frost the top, then place another cake on top, top side down. Frost entire cake.
- Line bottom perimeter of cake with mini marshmallows. Make icicles around top perimeter of cake with M&Ms. Mound rock candy on the top of the cake, towards the back, then place your snow “trees” in the center.