The Mickey Check makes it easier for kids and families to identify nutritious choices in stores, online, on-air, at live-event venues, and while on vacation at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Foods and recipes that feature the Mickey Check meet The Walt Disney Company’s Nutrition Guidelines. Click here for more Mickey Check recipes.
Serving Size: 4
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
What You’ll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/2 inch thick
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai chili garlic sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
How To Make It
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill to medium-high, and oil the grates. Grill the chicken 4-5 minutes per side, turning once, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- For the peanut sauce, place peanut butter in a small bowl and stir in hot water, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Let kids stir the sauce while you add the ingredients.Continue stirring until the sauce is smooth.
- For an optional bit of spice, add 1/2 teaspoon Thai chili garlic sauce. Adjust quantities depending on your family’s taste buds. If they can handle the heat, add a bit more chili garlic sauce; you can skip this step for delicate palates.
- Sprinkle cooked chicken with 1-2 tablespoons lime juice and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. (Kitchen shears are great for snipping up fresh herbs; let preschoolers help using child-safe kitchen scissors). Garnish peanut sauce with lime zest.