Handy Manny’s famous red and white baseball cap becomes a sweet treat when it’s constructed of a mini-cupcake nestled on top of larger cupcake.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
What You’ll Need
- 12 mini cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- 12 regular cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- Red decorator’s icing
- White decorator’s icing
- 1 cup frosting
- 12 red cinnamon candies
How To Make It
- Remove cupcake liners from the mini-cupcakes and place them, bottom-up, on waxed paper. Frost the bottom and sides of the mini cupcakes with red and white decorator icing. Frost half the cupcake white and half red, to create the look of a baseball cap. Place a red cinnamon candy in the center of each cap.
- While placing frosted caps in the refrigerator to firm them up, top regular-sized cupcakes with the frosting of your choice (we used vanilla). This is a fun job for kids. Let them use a small spatula — whipped frostings are light and easy to spread.
- Use red decorator’s icing to pipe a red half circle on top of the frosted cupcake — this will be the bill of Manny’s cap.
- Remove the caps from the refrigerator and place them, bottoms-up, on top of the larger cupcakes. Be sure to line the white side of the cap with the edge of the red half-circle, creating a hat with a bill — just like Manny’s.
Posted 3 years Ago