Sure, Winnie the Pooh’s affinity for honey often proved a nuisance to Rabbit and the other residents of the Hundred-Acre Wood. Still, who could blame him for wanting his fill of such a tempting treat? Made with honey and peanut butter, and striped with chocolate, these sweets are truly the bee’s knees.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cup crushed crisped rice cereal*
- Wooden spoon
- Small microwavable bowl
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Slivered almonds
*An easy way to crush the cereal is to seal it in a plastic bag and roll over it with a rolling pin.
How To Make It
- Combine the peanut butter, butter, honey, and crushed crisped rice cereal in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and chill them until firm.
- Measure the chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl and heat them in the microwave for 15-second intervals, until they are melted (note: they won’t lose their shape). Stir the chocolate with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate stripes over the honey balls.
- For bee wings, set two almond slivers on top of each honey ball, using a dab of chocolate to secure them and fanning them toward the sides just a bit. Makes about 2 dozen.