It doesn’t have to be Halloween to make a lunch fit for your very own little Pumpkin King or Queen!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
What You’ll Need
- 2 slices of bread
- Sandwich fillings
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Cream cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- Pineapple chunks
- Baby Carrots
- Cucumber slices
- Tools needed: Cutting board, small sharp knife, toothpick, oval cookie cutters, kitchen shears
Cutting should be done by an adult.
How To Make It
- Jack Skellington Sandwich: Cut both slices of bread into a circular shape (Jack’s face isn’t a perfect circle). Fill sandwich with favorite ingredients, the above sandwich is peppered turkey and cheddar.
- To make Jack’s features, cut two larger ovals from two spinach leaves. Set aside.
- Using a smaller oval cutter, cut the edge of one of the spinach leaves. Flip the cutter and re-cut the same piece of spinach to make an almond shaped nostril. Repeat for the second nostril.
- For Jack’s smile, use kitchen shears to cut a smile shape from the edge of a spinach leaf.
- To assemble, dip toothpick in cream cheese and use very small dots to adhere Jack’s features to the bread.
- Using kitchen shears again, cut small sections of spinach leaves to finish Jack’s mouth. Dot with cream cheese and press in place.
- Zero Boiled Egg: Slice egg in half lengthwise, save the other half to put in the bento box underneath Zero.
- Using oval fondant cutter, cut two eyes for Zero. Attach to the egg, using cream cheese if necessary.
- Slice end off of one carrot, then slice a single circle for Zero’s nose. Attach with a dab of cream cheese.
- Slice/shave two strips from the sides of a carrot to make Zero’s ears. A thinner carrot works better for this. Cut a small point at one end.
- Using the tip of a knife, pierce the side of the egg enough to insert one ear, then repeat on the other side.
Posted 3 years Ago