Come Christmastime, even Lumiere has company. That’s because it takes a lot of candles to properly light up the Beast’s castle for the holidays.
Inspired by the enchanted candlestick holder and his bright mantle-top guests, these festive cupcake candles are lit with candy flames.
Visit D23 Days of Christmas for a new recipe, craft, or activity every day!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
What You’ll Need
- Yellow candy melts (or you can use melted white chocolate tinted yellow)
- Lollipop sticks (sold in the cake decorating aisle at craft stores)
- Batch of baked cupcakes
- Red frosting or cookie icing
How To Make It
- Melt a cup of candy melts in a small bowl according to the package directions. Now create a “flame” for each candle by dipping the top of a lollipop stick in the melted candy. Let the candy set up (it won’t take long but you can put them in the refrigerator to hasten the process, if you like) and then dip the stick a second time. Repeat this step another time or two.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Working with one candy flame at a time, break a 1 1/2-inch length or so off the bottom of the stick to shorten it. Then insert the stick into the center of the cupcake so that the flame is about 1/2-inch above the frosting.