Yoo-hoo! Looking for a fun treat to serve at a family birthday party or barbecue? Here’s one that fits the bill, courtesy of Mickey and his leading lady: whimsical chocolaty cone cakes your guests will find ear-resistible.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
What You’ll Need
- 2 dozen flat-bottomed wafer ice cream cones
- Cupcake tins (enough to total 24 cups)
- Aluminum foil
- Batch of chocolate cake batter
- Chocolate frosting
- 48 milk or dark chocolate discs (about 1-inch wide)
- Flower-shape candy cupcake decorations
How To Make It
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Set the ice cream cones in the cupcake tins (one cone per cup). Use pieces of crumpled aluminum foil to secure them in place so they won’t topple when you move the tins. If you happen to have mini-muffin tins on hand, all the better. The cones may fit snuggly enough to eliminate the need for foil. (Note: Placing the tins in baking pans will make them easier to transport in and out of the oven.)
- Divide the batter among the cones. Fill them just halfway so the batter won’t rise high enough to flow over the sides while baking.
- Bake the cone cakes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 17 to 20 minutes. Carefully remove the pans from the oven and let the cakes cool completely.
- Frost the cooled cake tops, and press a pair of chocolate disc ears partway into the frosting atop each cake. Turn half of the batch into Minnie cone cakes by resting a tiny candy flower against the base of one chocolate ear.
Posted 3 years Ago