This adorable cake jar idea is a recipe and a DIY all in one! What better way to re-use your family’s old jars?
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
What You’ll Need
- Vanilla cake mix
- Red food dye
- Brown food dye
- Red, white, and yellow sequins
- Chocolate frosting
- Mini chocolate cookies
- Red fondant
How To Make It
- Prepare cake batter according to instructions on the box.
- Split batter into two bowls.
- Add a couple drops of red food dye to one bowl.
- Add a couple drops of brown food dye to the other bowl.
- Pour red cake batter into cake jars, about 1 inch high.
- Pour brown cake batter on top of red cake batter.
- Bake cake jars for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool.
- Once completely cool, apply beads and sequins to cake jars to resemble Mickey and Minnie.
- Pipe chocolate frosting on top of each jar. Place two mini chocolate cookies on each cake jar to create Mickey and Minnie’s ears.
- Make Minnie’s bow from a bit of red fondant.
Posted 4 months Ago