Kids are more tempted to try new foods when they are presented in a fun and attractive way and they will also be more likely to eat foods that they have helped prepare, so make sure to enlist their help to stuff these adorable tomato Mickeys.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
What You’ll Need
- 1 – 5 ounce can of white tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 10 cocktail tomatoes (or large cherry tomatoes)
- 1 small can of sliced olives (you will need 20 whole slices)
For a change of pace, try filling the tomatoes with egg salad. In that case, swap out the can of tuna for six chopped hard-boiled eggs.
How To Make It
- Put tuna in a medium bowl and flake apart with a fork. Gently stir in the mayo, scallions, celery and dill until everything is evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Cut the tops off of the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds with a small spoon. Carefully fill tomatoes with the tuna salad, mounding it slightly at the top.
- Cut a slit through the bottom of each olive slice. Place two olives on each tomato so that they look like mouse ears. Top each tomato with an additional dill leaf, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve (up to one day).