School lunches get a Mickey-inspired makeover, with sandwiches designed to look like everyone’s favorite mouse. Fillings can be customized and any dark bread, like Pumpernickel or Dark Rye can be used for Mickey’s ears.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
What You’ll Need
- 2 slices dark rye bread or pumpernickel
- White cheese (such as American or provolone)
- 3 raisins
- Freezer paper
- Sharp knife
How To Make It
- Print templates and then trace them onto freezer paper.
- Cut Mickey’s head and ears from dark bread, using the template as a guide. Reserve the crusts.
- Stack turkey and cheese, then trim fillings to size using Mickey’s head template. Cut eyes from white cheese using the eye template as a guide.
- Begin construction of your sandwich by placing Mickey’s bread “head” on your plate.
- Top bread “head” with cheese and turkey. Be sure the turkey is on top — this will be Mickey’s face.
- Place Mickey’s bread “ears” on top of the turkey.
- Position Mickey’s eyes in the center of his face. Add raisin pupils and a raisin nose.
- For Mickey’s mouth, cut a small crescent shape from the reserved crusts of bread.
Posted 3 years Ago