Growing up in the woods with her fairy guardians, Princess Aurora often spent sunny summer days scouting out the best berry-picking patches and gathering plenty of ripe, sweet fruit for making muffins, tarts, and jam. If you’re looking for a simple, scrumptious berry recipe that your little highness can lend a hand with, this one’s as easy as pie.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ready-made miniature graham cracker pie crusts (look for them in the baking aisle of the grocery store)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of berries
- 1 tablespoon fruit jelly
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Microwavable bowl
- Pastry brush
How To Make It
- Combine the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, milk, and 3/8 teaspoon of the vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon to blend them until the mixture is light and smooth.
- Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture into each of the miniature graham cracker crusts and smooth the top.
- Arrange berries on top of the filling.
- Next, prepare a glaze by combining the jelly and granulated sugar in a microwavable bowl and heating them for 20 seconds or so, until the jelly melts and just begins to bubble. Stir in the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Note: this step is best left to adults, as the jelly will be hot when you first remove it from the microwave.
- Brush or drizzle the glaze over the fruit. Makes 2 tarts.