This sweet treat is inspired by Moana and the beauty of her island homeland, Motunui. Graham cracker sand, ocean blue frosting, and an edible flower come together to create a Moana cupcake that’s as pretty as it is delicious.
Be sure to check out Disney’s Moana, which is now playing in theaters nationwide.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
What You’ll Need
- Yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Vanilla frosting, split into two separate dishes
- Blue food coloring (4 drops)
- Graham crackers
- Edible flowers
- Pink cupcake liners
- Cupcake pan
How To Make It
- Mix yellow cake mix, 3 eggs, 1 1/4 cup of water, and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil into mixing bowl until well combined.
- Line cupcake pan with pink liners and fill with batter. Bake according to instructions on cake mix.
- Place graham crackers in a food processor and chop until sand-like consistency is achieved, set aside.
- Take 3/4 of vanilla frosting and mix with blue food coloring, until an “ocean blue” color is achieved.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, frost with blue frosting.
- Sprinkle graham cracker “sand” crumbs on to the center of cupcake, and pat down.
- Place remaining frosting into a piping bag to create Moana symbol.
- Top with a pretty flower, and enjoy!