Looking for the perfect Frozen-inspired summer treat? This cool Olaf dessert “won’t let you down.”
Catch the premiere of Frozen on Disney Channel on Sunday, February 14th at 7pm.
Prep Time:1 hr
Total Time:1 hr 0 min
What You’ll Need
- White Candy Melts (half a bag)
- Chocolate Candy Melts (8 pieces)
- Pretzel sticks (for arms)
- Orange Starbursts (1 per snowman)
- Small candy eyes
- Chocolate kisses or chocolate chips
- Edible food pens (blue and black)
- Plastic squeeze bottle
- Small craft/food brush (washed)
- Parchment paper
- Vanilla ice cream
How To Make It
- Arrange all of your ingredients in bowls and plates for easy access. On a flat working surface, such as a cutting board or flat plate, tape a large piece of parchment paper to the surface so it is flat and smooth and will not move while your work. If you are using chocolate kisses for the buttons, use a knife to shave down the sides.
- Unwrap an orange Starburst and set it on the wrapper. Heat it in the microwave for 7 seconds. Take it out and allow it to cool- 15 seconds or more until it is cool enough to handle. Mold it into the shape of Olaf’s nose using your fingers. Set it aside.
- Using a knife, splinter a few pretzel sticks to create Olaf’s hair.
- Heat the white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl on 40% power for 25 seconds at a time until the candy is melted. Stir it and pour or spoon it into the cleaned and dried squeeze bottle. Put the top on the bottle.
- Squeeze out the white candy onto the parchment paper in the shape of Olaf’s head. You can use the food brush to smooth out the candy.
- Use the edible blue and black pens to outline Olaf’s eyes.
- Squeeze out a second layer of candy over Olaf’s head, building up the candy near the top. Use the brush to smooth the candy then place 2-3 pretzel slivers for the hair and two candy eyes.
- Squeeze out more melted candy under the eyes. Place a nose just under and between the eyes. Squeeze out more melted candy around the nose, using the brush to smooth. Allow the candy to fully dry.
- Melt the chocolate candy melts in a small microwave safe bowl on 40% power for 45 seconds. Stir the candy until smooth. Clean and dry your food brush then use it to paint on Olaf’s mouth using the melted chocolate candy. Allow time to dry.
- Clean and dry the food brush. Open the squeeze bottle and dip your brush into the white candy. Paint Olaf’s tooth in the top center of the mouth. Allow time to dry.
- Scoop out two scoops of vanilla ice cream into a small bowl (stacked). Give Olaf three chocolate kiss or chocolate chip buttons and two pretzel stick arms. Peal Olaf’s head from the parchment paper and stick it on top of the ice cream. Serve immediately.
Posted 3 years Ago