Popping up from his underground cupcake lair, this bug-eating Halloween Town villain tastes way sweeter than he looks — particularly when served with a few candy worms on the side.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
What You’ll Need
- Batch of chocolate cupcakes
- Cupcake frosting tinted “monster” green
- Plastic decorating bag for piping frosting
- Kitchen scissors
- Black licorice
How To Make It
- Frost the cupcakes with a thin layer of icing.
- Place a half marshmallow on the center of each frosted cupcake.
- Cut off the tip of the plastic decorating bag so that the opening is about 3/4-inch wide. Then fill the bag with green frosting (not too full or the frosting will come out the top when you squeeze it).
- Working with one cupcake at a time, pipe frosting around the base of the marshmallow and then up and over it, moving toward the center and ending with a large peak.
- Smooth the surface of the frosting with a butter knife, periodically dipping the tip of the knife in water so the icing will be easier to spread. Don’t worry about making it perfectly smooth — it will look even more like Oogie Boogie with a few lumps and “wrinkles.”
- Snip a pair of narrow licorice eyes and a wide licorice mouth for each cupcake. Use the tip of a toothpick to gently press the candy pieces into the frosting face, angling the eyes a bit to resemble Oogie Boogie’s.
Posted 3 years Ago