These cupcakes are perfect for your Lightning McQueen-loving child, or they make a great snack for a Disney Infinity party. These treats pull double-duty as dessert and decoration!
Prep Time: 28 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 53 mins
What You’ll Need
- 1 dozen unfrosted cupcakes, completely cooled
- 1 cup white or green frosting
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- A strip of thin cardboard, about 1 inch wide
- Green food coloring
- Black food gel
- Yellow sprinkles
How To Make It
- With a table knife or frosting spatula, spread a thin layer of the white or green frosting on each cupcake.
- Put the coconut in a small mixing bowl and add a few drops of green food coloring. Mix it together with your hands until it’s evenly green, adding more drops until you get the hue you want.
- Lay the cardboard strip across the middle (where you want your road to be), and sprinkle the green coconut over the top of the cupcake, pressing it gently to adhere it to the frosting.
- Remove the cardboard strip, and draw a thick line of black food gel across either side of the blank “road” strip. With a table knife carefully spread it toward the center until the entire center is evenly covered. Add more gel as needed.
- Using the yellow sprinkles, make a dotted line down the center of the road to form two lanes. Let’s hit the road!
Posted 3 years Ago