It’s always fun to add a new dessert to the classic Thanksgiving menu. And take it from Pooh — these mini honey-drizzled tarts are just too scrumptious to bear passing up. With steps that include cutting out puff pastry circles, layering apple slices, and sprinkling cinnamon sugar, it’s also a great recipe for kids to help with!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time:1 hr 45 mins
Total Time:1 hr 60 mins
What You’ll Need
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Round cookie cutter (about 2.75 inches wide)
- Frozen puff pastry (1 sheet, defrosted and ready to use)
- 1 or 2 apples (peeled, cored, and sliced very thin)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cooling rack
How To Make It
- Heat the over to 400 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut rounds of pastry, and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Have your child place three apple slices on each pastry circle. When he’s done, ask him to sprinkle each tart with a pinch of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the tarts until the pastry turns golden brown and the apples become slightly tender (about 12 minutes or so).
- Drizzle honey on the baked tarts and then transfer them to a cooling rack.