Heigh-ho! The Seven Dwarfs have released their secret for delicious hard candy jewels straight from their diamond mine! These little beauties are almost too lifelike to eat.
Keep reading to find the recipe to make your own beautiful gems and jewels. Please note: All stovetop cooking should be done by an adult. Please supervise children while enjoying this treat.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- Red, green blue, yellow food coloring dye
- Candy thermometer
How To Make It
- Combine sugar, water, corn syrup, and red food dye in a saucepan and heat to 300 degrees F.
- Transfer to heat-resistant bowl with pour-spout. Pour into jewel or gem-shaped silicone mold.
- Leave to set for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with yellow, green, and blue food coloring.
- Display your hard candy jewels and gems on a serving dish! Enjoy!