One bite and all your dreams will come true! This treat, inspired by the red apple offered to Snow White by the Evil Queen, is easy-to-make and a perfect way to add a pop of color at your Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs inspired bash.
Serving Size: 12
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
What You’ll Need
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- Red food dye
- Blue food dye
- Medium or thin pretzel sticks
- Green dyed gumpaste or sour candy strips
How To Make It
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and 1 tablespoon red dye, and 1 drop blue dye, and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add crisped rice cereal and stir until fully incorporated with melted marshmallow and dye.
- Working quickly with lightly greased hands, roll a handful of the cereal into a ball. Mold it to create the shape of a red apple with a bit more weight at the top of the ball, and denting the top center with your finger. This will be where you will place the stem.
- Repeat this process until all cereal is used.
- Break a 2 inch piece of pretzel stick off and push the “stem” into the top of the apple treat.
- Roll our your green dyed gumpaste to a 1/8” thickness, at most.
- Using a sharp pairing knife, free form cut a small leaf shape. Pinch the ends to resemble a leaf and push one side into the top of the apple, against the pretzel stem. Repeat with all of the apples.
Posted 2 months Ago