In his role of henchman for King Candy, Sour Bill sure looks cranky — but here’s testament that, underneath it all, he really is a sweet little guy.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
What You’ll Need
- Batch of baked cupcakes
- Kitchen knife
- Green frosting
- Fondant (green, white, and a bit of black)
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- 2 round cookie cutters (2 inches in diameter and 2½ inches in diameter)
- 2 oval fondant cutters (¾ inch in diameter and 1½ inches in diameter)
- ½-inch pastry bag tip
- Green candies from a candy necklace (2 for each cupcake)
How To Make It
- If the cupcakes have a very pronounced dome, use a kitchen knife to level the tops. Then spread a coat of green frosting on each one.
- Roll out the green and white fondants separately between sheets of wax paper. Cut out a 2-inch white fondant circle and a 2½–inch green fondant circle for each cupcake.
- Use the ¾-inch oval fondant cutter to cut eyeholes in each of the green circles, orienting the holes slightly downward, as shown. Set the cutouts aside to use in step 6. Then use one end of the larger oval cutter to cut a frown in the fondant below the eyes.
- For each cupcake, set a green circle atop a white one. Next, use the pastry bag tip to cut holes in the eye whites, positioning them just below the upper lid, as shown
- Fill the center holes in a pair of green candy necklace candies with bits of black fondant (a toothpick comes in handy for this). Then press the candies into the holes in the white fondant.
- Use the larger oval cutter to slice a pair of curved eyebrows from the green cutouts created in step 3. Gently press them in place along the upper lids, tucking the ends into the eyeholes, as shown.
- Set an assembled Sour Bill face atop each cupcake, gently pressing it partway into the frosting to hold it in place.
Posted 2 years Ago