When Squirt meets Marlin and finds out how determined the clownfish is to find his son, the young sea turtle’s immediate response is “You rock!” Let your birthday kid know you feel the same way about him by serving up a batch of these candy turtle-topped cupcakes.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
What You’ll Need
- Sour Peach Gummi Rings candies
- Gumdrop candies (red and green)
- Spearmint Leaves candies
- Mini chocolate chips
- Wooden kitchen skewer or toothpick
How To Make It
- Frost the cupcakes.
- For each cupcake, slice off and discard the bottom half of a red gumdrop. Place the gumdrop top on the center of a Gummi Ring to create a turtle shell. Set the shell atop the cupcake, pressing down slightly to stick it in place.
- For fins, slice a Spearmint Leaves candy in half. Then use an oval fondant cutter to cut each half into two pieces, as shown.
- Use the outer pieces for the front fins and the inner pieces for the hind fins.
- For the head, use a kitchen skewer or toothpick to poke eyeholes in the sides of a green gumdrop. Then press a mini chocolate chip into each hole, using a dab of white icing to help hold it in place. Set the head in place, again pressing down slightly so that it sticks to the frosting.