In Disney’s Moana, Moana and Maui encounter Tamatoa, a 50-foot crab who lives in Lalotai, the realm of monsters. He is obsessed with all things shiny, so this golden popcorn recipe is the perfect addition to your Moana movie night.
Be sure to share your #DisneyWeekend with us on Instagram by tagging @DisneyFamily! Disney’s Moana is now available on Blu-ray & Digital HD. Get it now.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
What You’ll Need
- Popcorn kernels
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Edible gold dust and glitter
If you’d like to use microwavable popcorn with this recipe, you can! Prepare popcorn in microwave and skip to step 6!
How To Make It
- Lightly cover the bottom of a large pot with oil. Warm on stovetop at medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add popcorn kernels into pot.
- Place the lid on the pot.
- While wearing pot holders, shake the pot. Continue to shake as the popcorn starts popping.
- Once the kernels have finished popping, pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Place a quarter of the popcorn and place into a large container with salt, peper, garlic powder, and half a teaspoon of edible gold dust.
- Close the lid tightly and shake to evenly cover the popcorn with gold dust.
- Continue this process with the rest of the popcorn.
- Pour the newly GOLD popcorn into the large bowl, and then sprinkle edible gold glitter or sprinkles over the top for even more shine!