Lunch is more fun when characters like Bambi’s friend Thumper make an appearance. This healthy lunch will get your own little bunnies giggling with delight.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
What You’ll Need
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 slice turkey
- 1 slice ham
- 1 slice low fat yellow cheese (such as American)
- 1 slice low fat white cheese (such as provolone)
- 2 olive slices
- Lettuce and tomatoes for garnish
Cutting should be done by an adult.
How To Make It
- Cut a whole wheat tortilla head, ears, and muzzle. Cut turkey eyes and cheeks, a ham nose, and pink ham ears. Cut white cheese for eyes and teeth and yellow cheese for Thumper’s muzzle and mouth.
- Place the tortilla head in the middle of a plate and top with turkey eyes and cheeks, placing white cheese over Thumper’s turkey eyes.
- Add a tortilla muzzle between Thumper’s turkey cheeks. Use yellow cheese for Thumper’s mouth and a square of white cheese for teeth. Place a ham nose at the top of Thumper’s yellow cheese muzzle.
- Finish Thumper’s face by adding olive slices as pupils.
- For ears, layer ham on top of small tortilla circles and fold. Slide the ears under the tortilla head to secure.
- Serve with low fat mayonnaise and mustard for dipping. Garnish the plate with lettuce and tomatoes for kids to layer on once they’ve enjoyed looking at their Thumper face. When it’s time to eat, have them roll up their wraps and dig in!
Posted 3 years Ago