In the movie Toy Story, “Pizza Planet” is Andy’s favorite restaurant. What kid doesn’t love pizza? These little veggie pizzas are a hit with moms and kids alike.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
What You’ll Need
- Flour, for your work surface
- Store-bought pizza dough (approximately 14 oz.)
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto, store-bought, or from your favorite recipe
- 1/4 cup cooked broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce, for dipping (optional)
How To Make It
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll, or stretch, into a rectangle about 1/4″ thick.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta and pesto.
- Spread the ricotta-pesto mixture over the surface of the dough and sprinkle with the cooked, chopped, broccoli florets. Top with shredded mozzarella. This is a great job for kids.
- Roll the dough lengthwise, into a log.
- Cut your pizza log into 1″ rolls. Kitchen shears work best for this.
- Place cut rolls 2″ apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dough is lightly browned.
- Serve your planets warm, with pizza sauce for dipping.
Posted 2 years Ago