If you can’t be a guest at the Beauty and the Beast-themed Be Our Guest restaurant at Walt Disney World’s New Fantasyland, worry not! Make one of the menu’s most popular, and healthy, children’s dishes in your very own kitchen with Disney Family’s fun and tasty recipe.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time:1 hr 15 mins
What You’ll Need
- For the Carrot Ketchup:
- 1 cup freshly made carrot juice, carrot pulp reserved
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum*, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- For the Turkey Meatloaf:
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 cup (tightly packed) carrot pulp**
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bulgur wheat***
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
*Xanthan gum is a gluten-free thickening powder. It can be found in some supermarkets, in specialty foods stores, and online.
**Reserved carrot pulp left from making fresh carrot juice for carrot ketchup.
***Bulgur wheat can be found in most supermarkets near the rice.
How To Make It
- For the Carrot Ketchup: Combine carrot juice, vinegar, honey, salt, granulated onion, and granulated garlic in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum over top; blend with an immersion blender until completely smooth. If desired, add xanthan gum, 1/4 teaspoon at a time, and blending completely after each addition, until desired texture is reached.
- For the Turkey Meatloaf: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly oil 1 sheet pan if making 1 whole loaf, or 2 sheet pans if making individual meatloaves.
- Combine eggs, ketchup, bulgur, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl. Set aside 30 minutes.
- Place ground turkey in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed to break up turkey.
- Add carrot pulp, bell pepper, onion, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix on low speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg mixture. Mix on low speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- To make individual meatloaves, divide mixture into 6 or 8 portions and form each into a Mickey Mouse shape on prepared sheet pans. To make 1 whole loaf, form mixture into an oval shape on prepared sheet pan.
- Bake individual loaves 20 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Bake whole loaf 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF.