This recipe is part of the Dishes by Disney healthy recipes video series. Check out the video for this recipe.
The Mickey Check makes it easier for kids and families to identify nutritious choices in stores, online, on-air, at live-event venues, and while on vacation at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Foods and recipes that feature the Mickey Check meet The Walt Disney Company’s Nutrition Guidelines. Click here for more Mickey Check recipes.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1.4 oz (about a handful) unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
How To Make It
- Combine cooked quinoa with light coconut milk, cherries, shredded coconut, almonds and honey.
- Leave in refrigerator overnight to marry the flavors.
- In the morning, take out the porridge and add a little water if it’s too thick for your liking.
- Slice bananas over the top, add some fresh berries, and garnish with the slivered almonds. Enjoy!