This recipe is part of the Dishes by Disney healthy recipes video series. Check out the video for this recipe.
The Mickey Check makes it easier for kids and families to identify nutritious choices in stores, online, on-air, at live-event venues, and while on vacation at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Foods and recipes that feature the Mickey Check meet The Walt Disney Company’s Nutrition Guidelines. Click here for more Mickey Check recipes.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
What You’ll Need
- 4 cups popcorn
- 1/2 cup no sugar added peanut butter
- 1/4 cup no sugar added strawberry (or your favorite flavor) jelly
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablepoon vegetable oil, optional
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 lollipop sticks
How To Make It
- Cook popcorn in your favorite popcorn maker or buy low sodium popcorn and place in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter, honey and salt. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes constantly stirring until it becomes liquefied. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes until it starts to become sticky.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and use a spoon to combine if the mixture is too hot.
- When cool enough to touch, form 8 balls with your hands or use an ice cream scoop. Give each ball a squeeze to keep them from falling apart while the mixture sets.
- Place balls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add sticks to your popcorn balls.
- Thin your favorite no sugar added jelly out with water and drizzle over the popcorn balls. Enjoy!