When you’re a fairy whose favorite hobbies include making frost swirls and sliding down frozen waterfalls, your hands are bound to get cold once in awhile — unless, of course, you’ve got a good supply of warm mittens. Trimmed with white chocolate and shredded coconut, these mini mitts are a treat everybody will be eager to get their hands on.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
What You’ll Need
- Template for Fairy Mitten Cookies
- Batch of chilled sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)*
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Kitchen knife
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- White cookie icing tinted green, blue, and lavender
- White Candy Melts
- Decorative white sugar crystals and/or shredded coconut
* Note: If the store-bought brand of cookie dough you use is too soft to hold the cookie shapes while baking, you can knead in a little extra flour to stiffen it prior to rolling it out.
How To Make It
- Print the template and cut out the mitten shapes.
- Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the cookie dough to a 3/8-inch thickness. Use the template and a kitchen knife to cut pairs of mitten shapes from the dough. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Frost the cookie pairs with tinted cookie icing. Then set them aside until the icing hardens.
- Melt a handful of Candy Melts in a small microwavable bowl according to the package directions.
- Working with one cookie at a time, use the butter knife to spread some of the melted candy on the wrist portion of the mitten. Allow the candy trim to harden as is, or you can press some sparkly sugar crystals or shredded coconut into it before it sets up. Once the candy coating firms up, the cookies are ready to serve.