The Leapfrogging event, in which teammates hop over each other as they circle the arena, is Fawn’s favorite competition in the Pixie Hollow Games. These wide-eyed frog cupcakes are a tasty tribute to the sweet amphibian athletes who vie to be first to carry their fairy passengers across the finish line.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
What You’ll Need
- Batch of baked cupcakes
- Frosting tinted “frog” green
- Small tube of white decorating frosting or cookie icing
- Small candy eyes (look for them in the baking aisle at large craft or department stores)
- White candy melts
- Green or sour apple-flavored gummy ring-style candies
- Kitchen scissors
How To Make It
- Frost the cupcakes green.
- For each frog, create a pair of large eyeballs by using dots of decorating frosting or icing to stick candy eyes to the centers of white Candy Melts, as shown. Set the eyeballs aside until the icing hardens and holds.
- Cut a gummy ring candy in half to create two green “eye sockets.”
- Gently press the cut ends of each pair of gummy rings down into a frosted cupcake top, positioning them side-by-side just a bit in front of the center. Place a candy eyeball right in front of each socket, again gently pushing the lower edge into the frosting.