This recipe is part of the Dishes by Disney healthy recipes video series. Check out the video for this recipe.
The Mickey Check makes it easier for kids and families to identify nutritious choices in stores, online, on-air, at live-event venues, and while on vacation at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Foods and recipes that feature the Mickey Check meet The Walt Disney Company’s Nutrition Guidelines. Click here for more Mickey Check recipes.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
What You’ll Need
- 8 chicken legs, skin removed
- 1/3 cup no sugar added orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
How To Make It
- Preheat oven 350° F
- Heat sauté pan over medium high heat and add olive oil. Season chicken legs with salt and pepper and brown on each side for 3-5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same sauté pan, add balsamic vinegar, orange marmalade, sprigs of rosemary, zest and juice of the orange. Cook for approximately 5 minutes over medium heat to reduce the sauce. Make sure you stir it.
- Place chicken back in pan and coat with sauce. If your sauté pan has a heat resistant handle go ahead and put in your preheated 350° oven. If not, place coated chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!