Topped with white candy buttons, these colorful cookie shorts are tall on kid appeal — and they make an especially fitting treat for Mickey fans.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
What You’ll Need
- Batch of sugar cookie dough*
- Red food coloring
- Pair of disposable kitchen gloves (for kneading food coloring into the dough)
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Kitchen knife
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Yogurt-covered raisins
- Wire cooling rack
* For the best results, the sugar cookie dough should be on the stiff side. You may need to knead a little extra flour into store-bought doughs so the cookies will hold their shape well during baking.
How To Make It
- Wearing plastic kitchen gloves, knead red food coloring into the cookie dough (this is a fun job for kids). Wrap the dough in plastic and keep it chilled until you’re ready to use it.
- Print and cut out the template.
- Heat the oven. Cover your work surface with flour-dusted wax paper, and roll the dough out to about 5/8-inch thickness.
- Use the template and a kitchen knife to cut out the cookies and then transfer them to the baking sheet.
- Gently press two yogurt-covered raisin “buttons” partway into the dough on each cookie. Don’t press too hard, just enough for the button to stick in place.
- Bake and cool the cookies according to the recipe directions. Enjoy!