Don’t take your “eye” off of these delicious Mike Wazowski-inspired treats, they’ll fly off the plate fast!
Prep Time:1 hr
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time:1 hr 30 mins
What You’ll Need
- Baked cake (your favorite box mix)
- 1 Can of frosting
- Jumbo candy eyes
- Small white pearl candies (for the teeth)
- White candy hearts (for the horns)
- Green candy coating
- 10 pieces of chocolate candy coating (for the mouth)
- New and clean craft brush ¼ inch
- Lollipop sticks
- Brick of Styrofoam
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Edible food pens
How To Make It
- Bake your cake according to the box instructions and set aside to cool completely. Prep your candy decorations by putting them into a small bowl or plate.
- Crumble the cake finely into a bowl. Discard any hard edging of the cake that does not crumble neatly. Spoon in 1/2-3/4 of the can of frosting and use your hands to mix the frosting thoroughly into the cake.
- Using your hands, scoop out a small portion of cake and roll it into a ball. Shape the ball into a fat teardrop shape and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once all the cake is shaped, place the cookie sheet into the freezer for 15 minutes. After that time, transfer to the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, pour the green candy coating into a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 50% for 40-second intervals. Stir after each 40-second interval, being careful to not over heat the candy coating. When there are only a few lumps left, stir the coating until it is melted and smooth.
- Remove 3 or 4 cakes from the refrigerator at a time to dip. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the coating, then insert into the bottom of the cake. Now, dip the pop into the coating, submerging the cake completely. Do not swirl the cake pop or the cake will come apart into the bowl. Let any extra coating drip back into the bowl.
- Before the coating dries, insert two white candy hearts on top of the head for the horns pushing the top of the hearts into the coating and letting the bottom of the hearts stick out the top. Insert one jumbo eye into the center of the cake pop closer to the top than the bottom. Insert the stick end of the cake pop into a brick of Styrofoam to let dry.
- Once all the cake pops are dipped and decorated, melt the 6 pieces of chocolate candy coating. Using a new and clean craft brush, dip the brush into the chocolate candy coating and paint on the mouth. Before the mouth dries, place 5 to 4 white pearl candies into the mouth for the top teeth, and 3 to 4 pearl candies for the bottom teeth. Repeat with the rest of the cake pops.
- Once all the mouths are dry, use a black edible food pen and draw a line across the middle 3 upper teeth for Mike’s retainer.
Posted 3 years Ago