No need to go all the way to the sea for great fish tacos. In fact, you can forget the fish altogether with these healthy baked tofu tacos. Whether you’re looking for a fun way to prepare tofu, or on the path to giving up fish altogether, remember: fish are friends, not food.
This recipe is part of the Dishes by Disney healthy recipes video series. Check out the video for this recipe.
The Mickey Check makes it easier for kids and families to identify nutritious choices in stores, online, on-air, at live-event venues, and while on vacation at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Foods and recipes that feature the Mickey Check meet The Walt Disney Company’s Nutrition Guidelines. Click here for more Mickey Check recipes.
Don’t miss Disney•Pixar’s Finding Dory in 3D on June 17th.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
What You’ll Need
- 12.3 oz firm tofu, one package
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro; 3 tablespoons chopped and 3 tablespoons picked
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut tofu into 4 square slabs and press with a towel to remove excess water. Cut tofu with a fish-shaped cookie cutter and place into a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped cilantro, garlic, olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Mixed until combined and then marinate the fish-shaped tofu in the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Next, bread each tofu fish in panko breadcrumbs. Make sure to press the tofu down into the panko to stick. Return the tofu to your baking dish and bake in a preheated 375° degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix your cabbages, hand-picked cilantro and carrots with the juice of 2 lime wedges, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, cumin and the juice of 2 lime wedges.
- Now assemble your tacos. On a warm tortilla, lay down your shredded cabbage slaw, place one crispy tofu fish on top and then drizzle with the yogurt cumin sauce and a give a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!