This recipe is part of the Dishes by Disney healthy recipes video series. Check out the video for this recipe.
The Mickey Check makes it easier for kids and families to identify nutritious choices in stores, online, on-air, at live-event venues, and while on vacation at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Foods and recipes that feature the Mickey Check meet The Walt Disney Company’s Nutrition Guidelines. Click here for more Mickey Check recipes.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
What You’ll Need
- 1 zucchini, cut into large cubes
- 1 eggplant, cut into large cubes
- 1 yellow squash, cut into large cubes
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into large slices
- 1 red onion, cut into large cubes
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 14oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 eggs
How To Make It
- In large sauté pan over medium high heat, add oil, onions and garlic. Sweat for 3-4 minutes or until onions become soft.
- Next add eggplant, zucchini, squash, red pepper, thyme, salt, pepper and sauté for another 6-9 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes to the pan and stir. Cover with lid and cook for 6-9 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Use a spoon to make 4 wells in the ratatouille and drop an egg in each spot.
- Cook the eggs for 4-6 minutes or until they are done to your liking. Enjoy!