This Simba-inspired snack is as healthy as it is adorable. Picky pre-schoolers will love eating their veggies when they’re paired with tasty hummus, and resemble their favorite lion, Simba.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup hummus, store-bought or from your favorite recipe
- Wax paper
- 1/2 red pepper, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 red radish
- 1 pitted black olive
How To Make It
- Use a 3″ round cookie cutter to cut circles from the flour tortilla and the whole wheat tortilla.
- Cut a crescent shape from the flour tortilla, for Simba’s mouth. Trim the sides of the whole-wheat tortilla to make the bridge of Simba’s nose. Cut ears from the scraps of the whole-wheat tortilla.
- Put a scoop of hummus in the center of a small plate and add the tortilla nose and mouth.
- Cut a radish in half. Use two thin slices for the eyes, and trim the other half to look like a red nose. Cut the red pepper into curvy strips, and place them around the hummus face, as a mane. Add tortilla ears. Finish with sliced olives as pupils, and strips of olive as eyebrows.
Posted 2 years Ago