They may have their magic, but from time to time, even fairies like Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather look forward to relaxing over an old-fashioned spot of tea. All the better if it’s served with delectable teacakes! You can prepare a whole tray full of these tempting morsels in little more time that it takes to fill the sugar bowl and creamer.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
What You’ll Need
- Several slices of pound cake or your child’s favorite quick bread (about an inch thick)
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or orange juice
- Small bowl and spoon
- Waxed paper
- Decorator candies or sprinkles
How To Make It
- Cut the pound cake or quick bread slices into cubes.
- Make icing by combining the confectioner’s sugar and the citrus juice in the small bowl. Add water a teaspoon at a time, stirring until the mixture is smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Working with one cake cube at a time, dunk the tops into the icing and then set the tea cakes, right side up, on a piece of waxed paper.
- Sprinkle on decorator candies or sprinkles before the icing hardens.